- The NHG22 WALK • RUN • CYCLE MOVEMENT (referred herein as the “Event”) is organised by the National Healthcare Group (NHG) and officially hosted by Essential Werkz Pte Ltd, NHG’s appointed event organiser (collectively referred herein as the “Organisers”). These terms and conditions apply to both the Virtual Challenge and Physical Finale Event.
- The Organisers may amend these terms and conditions, suspend, discontinue, or restrict access to, the Event temporarily or permanently in their sole discretion without notice to the participants. Unless stated otherwise, any revision or update takes effect immediately. A Participant’s continued access and/or use of the Official Website or Platform after a revision or update to these Terms and Conditions constitutes his/her binding acceptance of the revised or updated Terms. Participants should check the Official Website and Platform regularly for the latest updates on the Terms and Conditions and Event information.
- Participants should take note that registrations are not transferable, nor can the Participant withdraw or change event categories upon confirmation of his/her registration.
2. REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION
- Registration will commence on 5 August 2022 at 0000 hours (Singapore time) and end on 15 October 2022 at 2359 hours (Singapore time). Registration for the Event will be accepted only during the Registration Period. No registrations for the Event will be accepted after 15 October 2022 at 2359 hours (Singapore time).
- The Virtual Challenge will take place from 5 August 2022, 0000 hours to 30 October 2022, 1100 hours. The Physical Finale Event will take place on 30 October 2022, 0800 hours to 1100 hours.
- The Event is open to all Singaporeans and residents in Singapore.
- Any person who registers for the Event, including but not limited to completion and submission of the online registration form (the “Participant”) acknowledges and agrees that the Terms and Conditions apply to his/her participation in the Event, and agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions.
- The Participant declares as a condition of entry into the Event that:
- the Participant has undertaken appropriate and sufficient training for the Event;
- the Participant is not aware of any illness, injury, or physical disability that may cause or result in injury or death during or as a consequence of participating in the Event; and
- the Participant shall keep himself/herself informed and shall be responsible for assessing the dangers, hazards and other risks of taking part in the Event notwithstanding any actions or activities undertaken by the Organisers.
- the Participant declares that he/she has provided true, accurate, current and complete information about himself/herself in the registration form.
- the Participant declares that the decision to take part in the Event is entirely his/her own decision, and accepts all risks associated with participating in the Event, including but not limited to the loss of life and/or any injury, including but not limited to permanent injury.
- the Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Organisers and/or their representatives may refuse entry to, remove the Participant, require the Participant to leave from the Event and vicinity and/or exclude the Participant from participating in the Event and related activities without giving any reason. Without limiting the foregoing, the Organisers and their representatives may take any of the foregoing actions if it is necessary or appropriate to do so in the Organisers’ and/or their representatives sole opinion,
(i) due to inappropriate, offensive, abusive or other disruptive behaviour by the Participant;
(ii) to preserve property or prevent damage to property;
(iii) to prevent injury to or for the safety of the Participant or other Participants and visitors to the Event;
(iv) for medical, health or safety reasons; and/or
(v) to prevent or stop unauthorised or illegal activities (such as but not limited to ambush marketing or protesting).
- Where the Event is or would be adversely affected by conditions beyond the Organisers ‘reasonable control’ as determined by the Organisers, such as inclement weather, or other hazardous conditions including but not limited to the outbreak of MERS, H1N1, COVID-19, etc. (based on advisories from the Ministry of Health) or haze (where the air quality pollutant standards index rises above the acceptable PM2.5 readings or based on advisories from the National Environment Agency), the Organisers reserve the right to delay the commencement of the Event, or cancel the Event or any part thereof in the event of inclement weather, or other hazardous conditions, prior to or on the Event day. The Organisers shall not be liable to any Participant in the event of such delay, cancellation, and postponement or rescheduling of the Event.
- Each Participant certifies that he/she is 18 years of age or older at the time of registration for the Event. If a Participant is below 18 years of age, the Participant must seek the consent of his/her parent or guardian before registering and participating in the Event, and in such an instance, the parent or guardian of the Participant certifies that he/she has read this document and fully understands it and agrees to these Terms and Conditions for and on behalf of the Participant.
- Each runner must have one Platform account in order to register for the Event. Any Participant who creates multiple accounts with a single identity or multiple identities shall be in violation of these Terms and Conditions and shall have his/her account(s) suspended or terminated and shall not be allowed to have access to the Platform, and/or the Event, upon such suspension or termination. The Organisers have the right to review and investigate all allegations of fraudulent or unauthorised activities and to take all measures deem necessary to ensure a fair sign-up scheme is implemented accordingly.
3. EVENT CATEGORIES
- The Event will have the following categories:
- 50km Walk/Run/Cycle Virtual Challenge
In the Virtual Challenge category, the Participant will challenge himself/herself to complete a cumulative distance of 50km within the clock-in period from 5 August 2022, 0000 hours to 30 October 2022, 1100 hours. The Finisher Medal is applicable for all finishers of the Virtual Challenge category within the stipulated time frame and only while stocks last.
- 2km Community Walk during the Physical Finale Event on 30 October 2022.
Participants who are members of the public can participate in this non-competitive 2km community walk. They will need to register for the Virtual Challenge in order to sign up for the Physical Finale Event’s 2km community walk.
Open to NHG Staff Only:
- Competitive 5km Individual Men’s Race during the Physical Finale Event on 30 October 2022.
- Competitive 5km Individual Women’s Race during the Physical Finale Event on 30 October 2022.
- Competitive 5km Team Race during the Physical Finale Event on 30 October 2022. Participants of the team category need to form a team of five members from at least two NHG Institutions or business units. The team leader will be required to gather the race IDs of all five team members to register using the team race form, after each member has registered for his/her respective virtual challenge and plan to sign up for the team race. Individual team members will need to also indicate that they are joining the team race category when they sign up for the Virtual Challenge. Additional requirements and/or terms and conditions relating to eligibility to become a team member, team composition, and prize eligibility, etc may be imposed and will be posted on the Official Website, if any.
- NHG staff can also participate in the non-competitive 2km community walk on 30 October 2022. They will need to register for the Virtual Challenge in order to sign up for the Physical Finale Event’s 2km community walk.
4. PHYSICAL FINALE EVENT
- The Participant who has registered for any of the Physical Finale Event categories agrees to:
- Follow the designated route, observe traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by the Event officials, Organisers’ security and other official personnel.
- Wear the event T-shirt to the Physical Finale Event.
- Wear the racer bib on her/her chest if he/she is a 5km race participant so that the assigned number bib can be seen at all times during the Event. Any Participant not wearing the assigned bib will not be allowed to take part in the Event and any Participant who removes the bib during the Event will be disqualified. A timing tag may be attached to the bib, and the Participant must not tamper with the timing tag that is attached to the bib.
- No Baggage deposit services will be provided on the day of the Event. The Organisers shall not be responsible nor liable for any loss or damage to the Participant’s belongings that are brought by or left by the Participant in the vicinity of the race.
- No drones or any other type of flying object will be permitted at the Physical Finale Event without the prior written consent at any time during the Event.
- A Participation Goodie bag (while stocks last) will be distributed to registered participants of the Physical Finale Event, on the day of the Event. The Organisers reserve the right to replace any product in the Goodie bag with products of similar value without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
- The Organisers reserve the right to delay, cancel, postpone or change the venue, date or time of the Physical Finale Event in the event of inclement weather, or other hazardous conditions, prior to or on the Event day. There will be no compensation if it is cancelled for whatever reason.
- The Organisers reserve the right to inspect any bag, electronics, attachments or accessory of the Participant at any time during the Event, including the starting or finish lines.
5. EVENT T-SHIRT
- An Event T-shirt will be issued only to Participants who have signed up successfully through the online registration form before 15 October 2022 at 2359 hours (Singapore time).
- Each Participant will receive only one Event T-shirt while stocks last. The Participant is expected to make his/her own arrangements for the collection of the Finisher Medal while stocks last.
- As the Event T-shirts are pre-ordered, changes in sizes after registration by the Participant are strictly not allowed.
- The Organisers shall not be responsible nor liable if the Participant is not able to collect the Event T-shirt within the allocated timeslots.
6. FINISHER MEDAL
- Participants who have completed 50km in the Virtual Challenge during the stipulated time frame will receive a Finisher Medal (while stocks last). The Participant is expected to make his/her own arrangements for the collection of the Finisher Medal (while stocks last).
- The Organisers shall not be responsible nor liable if the Participant is not able to collect the Finisher Medal within the allocated timeslots.
7. RACE CATEGORY WINNERS (Applicable to NHG staff Only)
- Top three winners of the 5km Individual Men’s, Individual Women’s and Team race categories of Physical Finale Event are determined by the fastest timing clocked in the respective categories. Winners of the 5km race categories will receive a race medal and prize items.
- Winners of the race categories will be announced on the day of the Physical Finale Event on 30 October 2022.
- The Organisers reserve the right to replace any winner if he/she is disqualified or subsequently disqualified. The Organisers’ decision in connection with race category matters is final and the Organisers need not provide any reasons nor will it enter into any correspondence in relation to their decisions.
- Race Prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. All prizes will be awarded on an “as is” basis, and all warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed. The Organisers shall not guarantee nor bear liability regarding the quality, performance technical specifications, conditions or safety of the prizes. The Organisers reserve the right to replace any prize with items of similar value without prior notice.
8. LUCKY DRAW AND SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST PRIZES
- All participants are eligible for any Lucky Draws or Social Media Contests held for the Event.
- The Organisers will have the final decision on all matters regarding the Lucky Draw or Social Media Contests. No correspondence or appeals shall be entertained in relation thereto. The Organisers may change the terms or terminate the Lucky Draw or Social Media Contests without giving prior notice.
- In the event that a Lucky Draw or Contest winner does not claim his/her prize or is disqualified for whatever reason, the Organisers have the right to draw a ‘reserved winner’ to replace him/her.
- Winners will be notified by email or telephone (based on details provided at registration) within 7 days. Prizes are to be self-collected / self-arranged by courier. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, his / her prize will be forfeited.
- Lucky Draw and Social Media Contest prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. All prizes will be awarded on an “as is” basis, and all warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed. The Organisers shall not guarantee nor bear liability regarding the quality, performance technical specifications, conditions or safety of the prizes. The Organisers reserve the right to replace any prize with items of similar value without prior notice.
9. PERSONAL HEALTH RISKS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Participants who will be participating in the Event including but not limited to the Virtual Challenge, Physical Finale Event, T-shirt and/or Medal collection and/or any other activities associated before, during or after the Event must adhere to the Singapore government guidelines and regulations for COVID-19.
- Only fully vaccinated Participants without symptoms are allowed to enter the venues or participate in the activities.
- Participants who feel unwell or are COVID-19 positive are strictly not allowed to attend.
- Participants are required to stay up to date on public health requirements and any other health and safety protocols.
- All Participants may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or a negative COVID-19 test prior to the Event and Event activities.
- The Organisers reserve the right to question and seek further clarification regarding Participants’ COVID-19 vaccination and health status.
10. EVENT CANCELLATION
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel, postpone or change the venue, date or time of the Event. There will be no compensation if the Event is cancelled for whatever reason.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend any rules and regulations without prior notice.
- Failure to observe the rules and regulations shall result in disqualification. The Organisers, their partners, staff and/or agents will not be held responsible for any claims arising out of any death or injury, damage or loss, suffered or caused while attending this Event, and this includes all costs and expenses incurred as a result of such claims.
- Photography and/or videography will be taken during the Event for archival and publicity purposes by the official photographer and/or videographer, and may be used for print, social media and on online/electronic platforms of the Organisers. The Organisers own all rights to the photographs and video recordings. If you do not wish to have any photographs or video recordings taken of you, please inform the Organisers.
- The Organisers reserve the right to use any photographs, recordings, or any other media records of the Event, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising and distribution to sponsors and partners.
12. OWNERSHIP, RIGHTS
- By Participating in the Event, each participant hereby agrees and authorises the Organisers, to use at its discretion, without further compensation, fee, charge or other remuneration to him/her, and to disclose his/her name, personal details, photographs and videos for administration, packaging, promotional, advertising, marketing and/or publicity purposes (where not prohibited by written law), and to use statements or any creative content made by or attributed to him/her as Participants of this Event, and any rights in connection therewith.
- The Participant shall not own any intellectual property rights (including moral rights) to any of his/her work or creations submitted in connection with the Event and accordingly agrees to unconditionally waive all such rights.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Each Participant is responsible for his/her involvement in the Event. By entering this Event, all Participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Organisers and its partners, sponsors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors and representatives from any claims, losses and damages arising directly or indirectly out of their participation in this Event or any Event-related activities or for:
- Any printing or typographical errors in any materials or communication associated with the Event
- Any technical malfunction and/or problem with the prizes
- Any use or enjoyment of the prizes
- The Organisers shall not be responsible, under any theory of liability or indemnity, for any injuries sustained/casualty (to the extent permitted by law) that arise directly or indirectly from the participation in the Event and/or its associated activities or events.
- The Organisers assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in the transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or any unauthorised access to the Event entries; or alteration of entries.
- Acceptance of any prize shall constitute a release and discharge of the Organisers by each winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to:
- The Event
- Property damage, theft or loss suffered by the winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize, and/or
- Any tax liabilities in relation to the Event, prize or enjoyment of the same.
- The Organisers make no representation or warranty on the merchantability or fitness for purpose of the prize or items redeemed in relation to the Event.
14. PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- By accessing, browsing, downloading and/or using the Event Website or by dealing with the Organisers, the Participant acknowledges that he/she has read and understood the Data Protection Notice and agrees to the Organisers collecting, using, disclosing processing and storing his/her personal data in accordance with the manner set out in the Data Protection Notice, as amended from time to time.
- Participants may be required to furnish the personal information for identification purposes for administering this Event and to comply with regulatory requirements, where applicable. By furnishing their personal data, Participants agree that such data may be accessed, stored or otherwise processed in any medium or format determined by the Organisers, and may be transmitted across jurisdictional borders for storage and processing by the Organisers, their affiliated entities or their service providers. All Participants by furnishing their data agree that the Organisers may share their personal data with the affiliated companies and service providers for the purposes stated above.